Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Day in the Nursery

Today was both an anxious and exciting day - it was Grayson's first time in the nursery this morning at Church.

I'd been putting it off for a number of reasons. First, I was just nervous about dropping him off! Secondly, it's usually nap time or feeding time during Church, so it's just worked for me to hold him. For the first several months I could get him to fall asleep about the time the sermon started, so I wasn't really missing too much. Lately I've been holding and bouncing him in the lobby most of the service, so that is clearly not working out! Thirdly, I didn't want to put him with the other little ones and get him sick this summer with our trips to Texas and Georgia, but now we're back and all clear.

Anyway, today was the day, and he did GREAT! When I picked him up after the service they told me he got the best kid of the day award, and he'd been smiling and playing the whole time. What a relief! I have to say that I was thinking about him and wondering if he was okay and if I should go get him the entire service, but I know I'll get more comfortable with it as the weeks go by. I'll be enjoying whole services before you know it - Ha!

No comments: