He went from getting up every few hours to just once a night to eat between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m. He's also turned into a really good napper for the most part sleeping about an hour in the morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon. Now he's pretty much on a four to five hour eating schedule, so it makes it a lot easier to go places. He got to eat his very first rice cereal this month! That was exciting and he loved it until we realized it was not agreeing with his digestion (same reaction as with milk and soy). So we had to quit that, but now we're giving oatmeal a try. We're also going to be able to start fruits and veggies really soon as soon as we're sure the oatmeal doesn't upset him. Luckily we were able to get an appointment with a pediatric gastric-intestinal doctor the first week in November, so maybe we can get his little tummy figured out! The most exciting thing for me (but not for Grayson) is that I have weened him just this week. I wanted to make it 6 months to give him the best head start I could, but I can't wait to start eating normal food again. Whoo hoo!! I did it really slowly, so he could get used to eating just formula, and he's making it so far.
Grayson has really been on the move this month. He's no longer content to just lie somewhere, instead he has to roll around to check things out. There is no more putting him in the center of a bed to do things. Now we definitely have to put him on a blanket on the floor. When laid down on his back he's flipped over on his front in about a minute! He's really close to being able to crawl. He's been getting up on his little hands with his knees under him and rocking back and forth. He gets really frustrated when he can't move toward his toys. I know he'll be on the move very soon! He can also sit up by himself sometimes. If he sits still he stretches his legs out and leans forward on his arms to support himself. Mostly though, he wants to grab something on one side or the other and dives in that direction, so I can't leave him quite yet. He can now put his toes in his mouth, and he loves doing this! As soon as he gets on his back he grabs them.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Month Six
Six month old little man! I know I say this every month, but in some respects it feels like we just brought him home from the hospital, and in others it feels like he's been with us forever! This month we finally made some progress in the sleep department. It feels like a never ending journey, but we were able to quit taking turns sleeping with him in the guest bedroom and put away the pack-n-play, and he started sleeping in his crib in his room! Hallelujah! See how small he looks? Yay for the video monitor :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment