Monday, October 20, 2008

Relaxing Weekend!

Well, David was on Fall Break Thursday and Friday, and we had great plans of getting away on a camping trip for the long weekend. Unfortunately, we were both exhausted by Thursday! Maybe it was pregnancy and sympathy pregnancy tiredness, or maybe it was due to both of us getting our flu shots earlier in the week, either way, we just decided to stay home for a few days, and it was wonderful. We knew we had made the right decision when Thursday was rainy and cold, and it got down in the 40s every night! We would not have been happy campers if we’d been cold and wet! Not to mention cold and wet puppies! We got caught up on a lot of sleep, housework, and errands, and we both got to early vote. David got to do a lot of work in the yard and did some Fall planting. I love the Fall flowers!

I had gotten two sets of free movie tickets from work earlier in the year, and we’d just never gotten to use them, so we also treated ourselves to a couple of great movies. We saw “Billy: The Early Years” and “Fireproof.” “Billy” was the story of Billy Graham’s call to ministry and how he got started. It was filmed right here in the Nashville area. It was good and had some surprising laugh out loud parts! “Fireproof” was a fantastic movie about rebuilding relationships and saving a marriage. I can’t recommend it enough, and I think everyone should see it if you’re married, dating, or single!! Quoting the guy behind us “There wasn’t a dry eye in the place!” David and I were using our buttery popcorn napkins to wipe our eyes!

Here are some sweet pictures of the puppies too. They are the best of friends, and I was able to capture this shot of them during a break from their non-stop puppy wrestling match!

Paisley and Harley
Here is Harley's favorite game in action. Since we got these new, larger puppy gates, their toys can slip right under them. As soon as he discovered this, he started pushing everything under on purpose, and then he looks pitiful until we retrieve the ball, bone, etc, so he can do it again!! Usually Paisley gets involved too, but this time she's an innocent bystander! Ha!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved Fireproof! It was so good. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend! And those puppies are precious!!!

MaryAnn said...

I loved the nose to nose picture of the "kids." Thanks for being so diligent in posting.