While we were still in Nashville we endured about a month long plague of cicadas. They are very ugly, loud, and creepy in their own right, but they've got nothing on the "burglar" bugs of Memphis! These creatures are about 5 times larger, louder, and uglier than the cicadas! They are so loud at night that the dogs don't even really like to go in the back yard after dark. I don't know their actual names, but I call them burglar bugs because not once, but twice they have pounded against the front and back window so hard that I was convinced someone was trying to break into our house!! The first time it was just getting dark and we were still up with lights on, and David quickly reassured me that it was just bugs at the window. The second time I think my heart actually stopped, because it was about 10:00, the lights were out, and I was just in the kitchen washing the last bottle before going to bed. These bugs pounded against the window at the front door so hard that I actually yelled at David to come quick because someone was breaking in the front door. It was absolutely terrifying!!!!
I got these pictures when this horrible bug had the nerve to be on the front door one morning when I was heading to the car with the kids. It totally scared me again! It was stuck to the door, so Grayson and I threw sticks at it to scare it away. We knocked it off the door, but it did not scare easily!
I got these pictures when this horrible bug had the nerve to be on the front door one morning when I was heading to the car with the kids. It totally scared me again! It was stuck to the door, so Grayson and I threw sticks at it to scare it away. We knocked it off the door, but it did not scare easily!


1 comment:
I just laughed out loud at this post while on a work call! OOOPS! That's what I get for reading your blog while working!
Post a Comment