Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oh What a Week!

I would really like to forget all about this week, but I figured I shouldn't for honest record keeping sake! So here is the chain of events...

It really all started about Thursday of last week when I got a little cold. I really only felt bad a few days, but that was enough. Over the weekend David had to go up to Louisville to help his parents with a few things. Grayson and I were on our own like we are everyday during the week, but of course this is when he decided to LAUNCH himself out of his high chair!! I had to take the puppies outside to go potty on their leashes, like I do a million times a day, so I put Grayson in his high chair. I usually put him in the Exersaucer, but he was especially upset and whiny when I tried to put him down, so I went with the high chair for a change in scenery. He's never even shown any signs of trying to get out before, so I wasn't worried. Then of course the puppies took FOREVER, so I was probably outside for 4 - 5 minutes when I heard the most horrible crash/thud from inside and then serious crying. I probably dangled the puppies mid-air trying to get inside. I came in to find Grayson on the floor in the corner on his hands and knees crying his little eyes out. I was so completely freaked out and was sure he'd cracked his skull or broken bones. I felt and moved all limbs and his head and by a miracle of God he only had a bump on the side of his head about the size of a quarter. No bruises, no broken bones. I'll never know how he got out without seriously hurting himself, because the high chair is a good 2 - 3 feet off the ground! He was fine after a few minutes, but I was watching him all day for signs of a concussion.




By Wednesday his little nose was running like a faucet, for the first time in his life since he's been so healthy. Not being able to breathe out of his nose made for a very cranky baby and a baby that didn't sleep so well. Not fun for anyone.

The next head injury came Thursday night when David was at a board meeting at school. I was sitting right beside him. One second he was standing up playing, and the next second he was flat on his back, and he'd banged his head on one of his hard plastic toys. More serious crying and another bump on his head. I iced it all night, and it didn't seem to bother him after a few minutes. Seriously, this little guy needs a team to watch him!

The final death defying act of the week came on Friday morning. I put him up on his changing table to change his clothes and his diaper. I had changed his diaper, and then I was reaching for a pair of socks about two feet away. Out of the corner of my eye I seriously see him falling to the ground! This time I reached out and caught him in mid-air, and it didn't bother him AT ALL. Are you kidding me?!?! I NEED A VACATION!!!

Everyone says this is just how active little boys are, so the fun is just beginning. I can't wait! Haha! :)

1 comment:

ErinW said...

Oh my goodness! How scary! I'm glad Grayson is okay and I'm glad you survived!!!