Hooray! This past Saturday my wonderful husband and his wonderful friend Ron painted the nursery! And it looks beautiful!! I love the way the colors turned out, and according to Ron, who has a degree in art, yellow and green are the perfect colors for a baby’s room. Now we’re just waiting on a guy to come and hang the chair rail, which will hopefully happen next week. I’m so excited and relieved that it’s coming together with time to spare. I took pictures along the way, and I’ll post them as soon as we get the chair rail up!
We ordered all the furniture last week from Babies R Us, and the crib was actually delivered via UPS last night. Unfortunately when David got home and looked at it, the box had been ripped open and there was a giant gash in the wood. I was so disappointed!
However, I have to give it to Babies R Us for their great customer service!! I called them this morning to tell them what had happened, and the representatives I talked to couldn’t have been nicer or more apologetic. They ordered us a new crib with a 10% discount as well as free shipping, and they are going to have UPS come to our house to pick up the damaged crib. The dresser and changing table are scheduled to arrive on Friday via FedEx, so hopefully we’ll have better luck with them.
As for pregnancy updates, I don’t have much to report. Everything seems to be going along very smoothly! We only have 54 days until the due date (but who’s counting??)!! I’m going to the doctor every two weeks now, and I’m still feeling well. Mainly I’m just really tired from time to time. We started our Lamaze classes at Centennial Medical Center (where we plan to deliver) last Wednesday, and we have our second class tonight. The instructor is wonderful, and has been doing this for 25 years. You can tell she really has a passion for teaching pregnant women. David and I have a lot of information to absorb! I know he’s going to be a wonderful and supportive coach!! And the best new Daddy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment