Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Days!

I always laugh about Nashville and snow, because the day after I moved here 7 years ago we got 10 inches of snow, and it shut down the entire city!! The interstates were parking lots. Luckily I got to watch it unfold out my window and on the TV as I unpacked boxes, but it really gave me the impression that Nashville actually gets snow in the winter. Coming from Texas I had a little Pontiac Grand Am at the time, and as you all know I went on to buy a 4x4 SUV in preparation for the new climate I was living in! Boy was that a mistake. It never snowed more than 1 or 2 inches at a time for the next 7 years, and I never even used the 4 wheel drive! I sold that car this year, and what happens?! We got 5 or 6 inches of snow! David got a free snow day from work, and all the schools in the area were closed for 5 days!! Again we enjoyed it from inside.










And we got to see our Christmas tree with snow on it, because this was the day we were supposed to take it to the tree recycle spot!

No comments: