Each year in the middle of August there is a huge sunflower patch in Memphis not too far from our house, and they only last about two weeks. During that time it seems like most of the city stops by to take pictures by them. Last year we totally missed them. We had just moved here, it was about a thousand degrees outside, and Addy was only 4 months old. This year we told ourselves that we had to go. Some how we put it off and put it off the whole time my parents were here and missed the entire peak. I was pretty upset! We finally got around to going tonight, and the poor little sunflowers were pretty pathetic. The only two things that saved this from being an utter disaster were 1. the kids are so short that the bent over, slumped sunflowers were at their level, and 2. we found a really nice little sunflower laying broken off on the ground that they could hold. Next year we're going to try to be on it!

"Can I really touch this?!"
"Can I really touch this?!"


No comments:
Post a Comment