YES...I'm pregnant :) And we're so excited! Due the end of April, so Grayson and his little brother or sister will be just over two years apart.
August 11th - I found out I was pregnant today!! I had a feeling so I got a test, and it was positive! I was so excited I couldn't wait to tell David when he got home from work, so I called him right then. 3 1/2 weeks down 36 1/2 to go! Ha!
Week 4 - Nothing big this week. Feeling fine. We've told all of our family, and they are super excited for us.
Week 5 - Yikes! Seriously queasy all the time, and hungry at the same time. This is such a bummer, because I didn't start getting sick with Grayson until 13 or 14 weeks. Oddly enough eggs sound really good right now, and I've had 2 Sonic breakfast burritos and 4 hard boiled eggs this week! Luckily we inherited a tomato forest at our new house, because I've also eaten 4 tomatoes. I'm also super thirsty and can't get enough to drink. I probably drink more than 8 glasses a day. This is all very hard to get used to while trying to unpack an entire house and chase a 17 month old around!! I'm praying that I get to feeling better soon!
Week 6 - Things are going down hill fast :( I've never felt this bad for this long in my entire life, and I'm not a fan. I know, I know...keep my eyes on the prize at the end, but it's seriously hard. Pretty much sick or feeling sick morning, noon, and night. Still liking eggs, but now I mostly crave potatoes...mashed, baked, French fried, chips, potato salad. We've made several special outings to get my fix. I'm also still thirsty, but water and milk are the only things that sound good. My stomach turns at the thought of soft drinks and most juices. Also, I think I overdid the tomatoes last week, because now I can't even think about them and don't care if I never see another one. The worst thing is that I don't even want pizza or cereal anymore, and those are my favorite foods!! Not to mention I can't eat sweets any more. Today I couldn't even eat ketchup on my fries, because it tasted like sugar to me. What is the world coming to?!?!? Praying that week 7 is much better!
Week 7 - Having some good days and some bad days. Very very thankful for the good days! Still loving "white" foods and disliking "red" foods. Potatoes are the still the most comforting along with macaroni and cheese. I've sworn off red pasta sauce and tomatoes and salad.
Week 8 - This has been a very tough week. Besides all the pregnancy stuff we had to say goodbye to David's dad this week. David was very close to his dad, and he was definitely his hero. My new favorite food is chicken noodle soup, and I have had it four times. Somehow my staple of a sandwich doesn't sound so good anymore.
Week 9 - When is it going to end?!?!? I actually threw up on Grayson while changing his diaper this week, and have now moved all diapers changes to the floor mat in front of the toilet. So disappointing that having a second child is causing all the smells from our first to make me throw up!!!! The highlight of the week was finding out one of my best friends is having a baby too and is due one day after me!!
Week 10 - Ahhhhh...Feeling better. I've had several good days in a row, and I'm starting to feel like a normal person. I also have a new found love for apple juice! I drank a 64 oz bottle in 24 hours! Then I bought two more at the grocery store so I can get my fix any time.
Week 11 and Week 12 - Great times with my parents visiting from Montana and my aunt and uncle visiting from Texas! David and I got to take our first trip away by ourselves and got away to Florida with our good friends Erin and Jeremy for a few days. And I felt good the whole time! Whoo hoo! Much needed rest and relaxation for us, and we are forever thankful for the extra love and spoiling on Grayson!! He was an angel the whole time we were gone, and we were so proud of him for doing so well without us. I definitely missed him way more than he missed me. When we got back it was a different story however, and he made us pay for being gone. He was very clingy and whiny for a few days, but luckily he's pretty much back to his sweet little self now.
I also had my 12 week appointment with the doctor and we got to see our precious little baby for the first time! It is absolutely amazing what technology can do these days. Even though our little one is only about 3 inches long at this point he or she looked like a full grown baby on the screen! We could see little legs kicking, arms waving, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head, and even the heart beating. Everything looks good! Praise God!!
I also had my 12 week appointment with the doctor and we got to see our precious little baby for the first time! It is absolutely amazing what technology can do these days. Even though our little one is only about 3 inches long at this point he or she looked like a full grown baby on the screen! We could see little legs kicking, arms waving, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head, and even the heart beating. Everything looks good! Praise God!!


No comments:
Post a Comment