Grayson had already met my mom and my brother, but he still hadn't gotten to meet my dad since when my mom came in April he was really busy farming. My parents decided to make a trip to Texas to see all of our extended family, and we decided to meet up so the little guy could meet all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins. Unfortunately David couldn't go because it was right in the middle of the school's annual audit, so Grayson and I decided to make the trip solo. I was very nervous!! Luckily I got some good travel tips from other moms who had traveled with infants, so I felt a little more prepared.
The airport people in Nashville weren't helpful, but the Dallas folks went out of their way to help me check my bags and push everything through security since I only had one free hand with holding Grayson. It is incredibly difficult to put all of your belongings in those little tubs while holding and infant and pushing a car seat and stroller. Unfortunately there's a rule that you have to send the car seat and stroller through the scanner for carry on bags - very tricky with one hand! Grayson did so well on the plane though. I was so proud of him. The lady sitting next to us gave him a very wary look and asked if he was a good traveler. You could just tell that she thought she'd be sitting by a screaming baby the whole time. :) He didn't make a peep. David said I should have told her he usually cries from take-off to landing! Ha! Once we got to Texas though everything was great because we had tons of help! I wish we had all our family around more often! All in all a very smooth first trip!
Getting some loving from Janny!
Grayson and the Skillingbergs - Grandpa, Uncle Rob, and Uncle Larry
Mommy, Aunt Marcelle, and Janny with Grayson


No comments:
Post a Comment